Timing mark cover

I timed my Rocc this weekend and normally I use an
upside down socket to take the plastic timing mark
cover off of the tranny housing, but I couldnt
find it, so instead I found a small crack
conveniently located on the cover and used a long
screwdriver and some light taps from a hammer to
rotate it off, after I got it off and timed the
car, I took the cap and a round file, I put four
medium sized groves on the outer edge of the
cover, I  put it back on snug and took it off by
placing the screw driver at a angle in one of the
grooves and lightly tapping it to rotate it off,
it works like a charm. Another way to get away
with not buying a VW specified tool, the only
catch is you gotta get it off before you can rig
it.

Nathan