Wet Carpets

Help. It's been raining quite hard here recentl and I have now discovered
that my Scirocco leaks :(

The drivers side footwell and under the seat had about half an inch of water
pooled in them last week. I emptied it all out, but the carpets are still
damp.

My question is, were is the water getting in? I've checked the plastic
screen over the vents, no cracks seated OK. It doesn't look like it's coming
in through any windows or the door. The drainage chanels in the front seem
clear as well.

I had some work done on the bulkhead at the end of last week. It had split
were the clutch cable bracket is. This was fixed with a special plate. There
was a slight gap left, but I've filled that with plenty of silicone sealant.
Plus I don't think this amount of water could have gotten in through there
overnight.

Help. Thanks guys.

'90 GTII

John Edwards
Desktop Support Analyst - sat in work right now, 8:30 pm, trying to bring
one of the servers back to life :(
Oxford University Press

E-mail: mailto:edwardsj@oup.co.uk
Tel: +44 1865 556767 ext. 3147