Newbie/Back Again/Questions

Hi people

I'm back again after 6 months off the list and a 4 month 7000 GBP rear end
rebuild after a man in a Peugeot decided to use my stationery rear end as
his brakes from 55 mph. Suffice to say it was a mess.

Anyway i now have a new car from the B - pillars back except for the rear
chassis legs and tailgate (which somehow wasn't damaged) which includes but
is not limited to - rear floorpan, both rear 3/4 panels, rear panel, rear
lights, bumper, body kit, exhaust, most of the rear suspension, fuel tank,
rear brakes and lines and 2 total resprays (1st respray had a few scrathes
that the nice garage had to do again)

Luckliy his insurance have got to pay for the car and my and my daughters (6
years old) injuries.

I suspect i now by proportion have the newest Scirocco on the planet ;-)

Anyway - enough of my waffling

Two problems since the rebuild

1) When i get to about 80 mph I get a nasty screeching sound coming from the
instrument cluster which when i push stops. Also the cluster will switch off
(revs drop to zero etc) and switch itself back on at random.

I'm sure the second is a loose connection somewhere but the first? Maybe the
speedo cable? Any ideas

2) One speaker - passenger front has started picking up the coil - you know
- tick, tick bloddy tick. Any ideas

Andy
91 Scirocco Scala 8v

http://profiles.msn.com.