Re: Audi S4, HOLY CRAP NUGGETS!

skyrocco16v@prodigy.net>

> since when did they make an older audi s4?  didn't they just come out
witht
> the in either 99 or 00?

the "older" S4 is based on the Audi 100 (5000) body style.  It has the twin
turbo 20 valve V-6.  It is a giant killer.  Someone on campus has an S6
wagon from the same generation.  It's badass.  The S6's were the same car
but by that time Audi had introduced the new naming system (based on the
A6), so the car had to be rebadged as an S6.  All "S" cars are badass.  0-60
in 6 seconds for a big sedan.

BTW, nobody mentioned the retired German Touring Car driven by Hans Stuuck
(forgive me Dirk is that how it's spelled?) in the late '80's that was at
the Euro spec booth at New Dimensions.  Even back then it had carbon fiber
up the ass!  I'll have my pics back next week.

David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI
Eugene, OR