Got new tires

My Yokohama Avid T4s from DiscoutTireDirect.com came in over the weekend.  I
took them down to a local shop to get them mounted, and I was a little
worried when the guy wrote "VW Scroco" on the ticket, but they ended up
doing a great job.  When they were balancing, they spun each tire, added the
necessary weight, and spun it again to verify it was balanced.  It's a good
thing they did, because one wheel needed a second weight.  The reason I
mention this is I bought a tire once from Big O, and they spun it, put on a
weight, and went.  I pointed it out to the manager, and he gave me some line
of crap about the guy doing the work was one of their best, and he had been
doing it a long time, and all that.  I don't care how much experience the
guy has; he doesn't know that tire was balanced.

Anyway, the next good point was the fact that they let me take a look at it
while it was on the lift.  They told me I had a couple of torn CV boots, but
I took a look to make sure that everything else looked okay.

When they put the wheels back on, they actually used a torque wrench for
final tightening of the lug bolts.  I like that.

Overall, I was pretty happy with my experience, because I got great tires
and got them installed, all for about $8 less than the cheapest tires
someone could sell me locally.  Although it's not as convenient as one-stop
shopping, it's definitely the way to go.

Thanks for the input on the tires, everyone who responded to my earlier
posts.

Aaron
'84 Scirocco 8V
'70 Bug - Hibernating