Re: Euro light wiring/relaying

On Tue, 30 May 2000 17:06:10 -0700 Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com>
writes:

>Actually Doug and I looked and found that my lights are indeed relayed.
Why
>they are somewhat yellow is beyond me.. funky relay job maybe??

I have 2 relays for my low beams and a single relay for the high's. hmm,
it could be bad relays, maybe or small wiring maybe. Hard to say fer sure
without seeing it. If their not wired right, they would be as dim as the
stock output voltage.

>Yours do indeed kick some serious ass!

I didnt notice a huge difference with the relays on  my stock US lights
compared to the relays on the Euro lights. Same relays only a little
brighter lighting. Getting the lights aligned decently made alot of
difference. I know mine are sort of high, especially with 400lb springs
under the car giving the effect of a high beam flash every now and then.
LOL! I just remember on our trip when Doug was in front of me when I
turned my headlights on and didnt realize the highbeams were ON. All I
hear is doug screaming in the radio "YOUR BLINDING ME - BRIGHT LIGHTS -
BRRIGHT LIGHTS - AHHHHHHH" ! Laughed my ass off. Sorry doug!

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!