Re: Oil Pressure Guage Senders/Audi

> My guages are out an '90 Audi 90Q, they are VDO (i
> think nitedesign) backlit
> with lighted needles. The oil pressure guage is 0-5
> bar. Driving on the
> highway it is pegged at 5 bar with the oil warmed,
> so Im assuming that my
> dual cabiro sender is calibrated for a 0-10 guage
> and it is throwing the
> guage off.

I think that's normal.
The same thing happens to me in my car (I have a
pressure gauge out of a 5000). I bought my sender from
a big ass auto accesories distributor through work and
then one I got was designed for VDO 5 bar gauges. I
have a since prong sender, if that means anything.

Even in my friend's Audi 90, it does the same thing. I
guess it's not as accurate as the scaled ones.

What's the pressure at when your idling?

=====
Paul Maione (The Burnt Kid)
86 Scirocco
E-Mail - paulmaione@videotron.ca