Import Drags

Hey all (especiall NW listers)

Just came back from SIR for my first import drag race and my FIRST ever drag
race!  I will have to say that I was NOT impressed with the VW turn out.
Half a dozen VW and probably around 150 hondas.  Of course I was faster that
almost all of them but still irritating!  I would of expected some of the NW
listers to just show up if not to race!!    Anyway, (and I will keep this
short because I don't want to waste bandwidth) My first run I had a reaction
time of 1.3 seconds (pretty good eh!) and I spun all the way through first
gear and pulled a 15.56.  Not bad for my first time (and just toasted a lime
green honda with wings and slicks and stickers hee hee).  During that run I
noticed that my car wasn't pulling as hard as it should and thought that 15s
was a little high for me so I popped the hood (no, I wasn't flapping it to
cool off the motor or throwing bags of ice on my intakes) and noticed that
my vaccum line to the knock box had come completely off.  Well, to keep this
story short, between that and my reaction time and driving the car so the
tires didn't spin so much I came away with the low time of 14.5 @ 97 mph.
I'm thinkin'  quaife, slicks, and nitrous here I come!!!  (maybe motronic
with a chip!)

Dave
77 Rabbit 2.0L 16v