Re: pics are up!

At 10:46 PM -0400 5/25/00, Scott Williams wrote:
>Hey, Kev. Who's the owner of the white (Golf?) with the rollcage? By the
>looks of the Terratrip 202 rally computer on dash, that there looks like
>a rallycar to me. Did you get any more shots, talk to the owner, take
>down the mods, etc?

The owner's name is Nathan (the big bearded guy with the long hair), and he
runs a shop called Cascades Performance Group located somewhere between
Seattle and Vancouver.  That white Golf you saw at the show was one of 2
Rallye Golfs brought into North America and made street-legal by VW.
Notice the center-mount 3rd brake light and the writing (Objects in the
rearview mirror may appear....) in the sideview mirrors.  Nathan bought the
car a few weeks ago from a guy who had raced it, although I dont' know
where or for how long.  Or why the car is sporting such a pristine coat of
white paint.  Anyways it's powered by a G60, with unknown mods, and has
been further modified for racing - did anyone notice the 3 master cylinders
or the roof-mounted ventilator?  Scott, I wish I could tell you more but I
really didn't recognize half the shit in the car.  :)  I think it was a
sequential gearbox, but I don't know if it was a Quaife or a Motorsport or
something else entirely.

At any rate, the car would not start after the show, due to what sounded
like a spun bearing.  This did not amuse the owner, who gave up after about
15 minutes and had the car pushed into the trailer.  In front of about 15
Corrado owners who had gathered to watch. :)

BTW the second street-legal Rallye Golf, this one red and with a 16v G60,
was also present at the show!