Consernation Confirmed - Clutch Rod pushthrough

Well,

Ol' Crashbox here (I drove to work and back Tuesday morning/ Wed
evening, stupid I know.) Without a working clutch, in case you didn't
know.

Wed I took a look and today I got a hold of the little arm that pushes
the throwout bearing but when I got the endcap off- the bearing was all
the way in and didn't want to come back out, that is- nothing was
pushing it back out.

Talked to Potter, got a clutch rebuild kit on the way. (Pot-ter,
Pot-ter..) Was hoping to clear this up the long weekend, but don't
worry, there is a Jetta and Rabbit with plenty to do waiting in the
driveway. :)

Since stuff is getting done, is anyone in the Bay Area aware of a good
machine shop? I need to get a busted easyout out of the back of the head
so I can bolt the 'new' manifold on in place of the cracked header.
(It's a long tube model, I thought to wrap it because welding seems out
of the question.)

I might just defer until the two liter block gets in hand and do the
head work I planned on, yada, yada, yada. What would happen if I say
double gasketed and/or new gasket + gasket sealant on both sides and do
without one bolt holding the manifold on? (That's what I have now
anyway). Manifold is dual down pipe type cast iron.

Last thought, I have 195/55/14s on there now; bottlecaps rims with 38
offset. I'm gonna slap the used Konis on there and wonder what degrees
of alignment should I be shooting for. No Auto-X in my near future, just
freeway miles and canyon runs.

Answer one or all, tia.
TBerk