120A alternator: hp drain?

Guys, I'm interested in purchasing a 120A alternator for the Warpiggy.
You know -mega watt rally driving lights and stuff. Anyway, will this
heavier duty unit sap more horsepower than the 90A unit that I've got in
there right now -sometimes/ always? When it is outputting the higher
amperage it should eat up more power, but how about when it is at 90A or
below? Or do these things go "full on" and off somehow?

Gee, I don't know the first thing about these things. Hrrrumph...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!