RE: p.o.(s.) rant

My parts guy (who specializes in European imports and is partial to VW/Audi)
doesn't even have a listing for the new bolts.  We reused them in my
brother's GTI, and he actually drove it for 2 months without Loctite.  Then
we dropped the tranny again just to put Loctite on the bolts.  PITA, but
cheap insurance to prevent at least part of what happened to you.

Aaron
'84 Scirocco 8V
'70 Bug - Hibernating
'87 Jeep Cherokee 4.0