Re: Bentley Manual and Amazon

--- Nate Mellom <bronson@inwave.com> wrote:
> Jorel,
> The one you found is the right one.  The previous
> Scirocco manual,
> covering the Truck, Cabriolet, Rabbit, Scirocco and
> GTI from 80-84 is
> the one I have for my '84, which won't work for
> yours.  Well, it will,
> but not exactly.  '84 was a changeover year, which
> makes life confusing
> for us with '84's.  There are early, mid- and late
> '84 models, the later
> ones are like your 85.
> I have many manuals, including Chilton's, Haynes,
> Clymer and the
> aforementioned Bentley.  The Bentley is far and away
> the most valuable
> manual available for our cars, and most all European
> cars.  Shops use
> Bentley manuals for their shop manuals, there so
> good.  As a matter of
> fact, most of the information in other manuals is
> watered down versions
> of Bentley stuff.
> Stick with the 'Bentley Bible', and you won't be
> disappointed.
> Nate
> Silver '84
>
> (This might help....before paying full price, check
> out Ebay.  They come
> up often.  I got mine for free from a local VW shop,
> they had replaced
> theirs with a new one, so they let me have their old
> one for free when I
> had some work done.  It's beat up and grungy, from
> being a shop manual,
> but it's all there.)

Thanks for the info. You know I used to own an '84.
Very similar to the '85 I now have except for body
color and the trip computer the '84 had. The '85 has a
sun roof, power windows and locks. Other than that I
am very hard pressed to see any significant
differences, but I have heard the engine is mounted
differently. Know anything about this?

Jore Jackson
'85 Scirocco