From: Steve H
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2000 12:03 PM
Subject: Climate Control Selector.........DAMN

Hey,
  Well, the first (and thank the VW god, a minor) problem arose in my Rocco...As I went to put the defroster on, the selector became loose, and I couldn't change the air-direction (Panel, Floor, Defroster)...So, I take the whole consul apart (In the parking lot @ school, armed with only a Gerber Multi-Purpose tool), find that plastic 'bolt' that holds the selector arm down, put it back together, and everything seems ok...As soon as I get the last screw back into the consul (Mind you, my arms hurt like hell...Multi-purpose tool...), the $%$%$ thing doesn't work...same thing all over again...So I take a walk in the rain (steam cometh forth from my ears), and try it again....Same story...So now its apart, and Im wondering what I should do...anyone have any ideas ?  Was the plastic stay-bolt glued in-place ?

Thanks In Advance,
 Steve H
'88 16v Rocco
"Unscrew me baby one more time !" edition