Re: home made ram air

In a message dated 5/18/00 10:09:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
vwnuts@yahoo.com writes:

<< Hi everyone,

 I am trying to make a homemade ram air set up.  The
 factory hose that goes to the front of the car along
 with the heat stove was long gone by the time I bought
 the car.  I bought some 3" aluminum ducting from the
 hardware store and it bends and fits nicely.  There is
 a problem with it though.  I am afraid of the battery
 wires which are less than an inch away.  I put
 electrical tape there and still didn't feel
 comfortable.  I went back to the hardware store and
 all I can find that isn't that aluminum is dryier
 hose.  What are some you running?  Let me know.

 thanks,
 Tony >>

Me and my freind did one in his Jetta Gli and we made it out of PVC Piping.
Looks real nice when you paint it.. Just get various elbows, and tubing and
there you go