Re: points to electronic?

chris wrote:

> i have a 79 s with points and i have a distributor with a electronic from an
> 81 and i am wondering how hard it would be to put the 81 distributor and
> electronic in the 79??
> anybody ever done this, and what would i have to do to get power to the
> ignition?
> chris
> www.geocities.com/my69vair/rocco.html
> portland, or
>
> _____________________

Easy, easy, easy.

The electronic points system is separate from the other engine
electronics for the most part.

- Get Bentley. Don't got one? Get One.
- There is a resistive wire (white w/ a violet stripe) the early cars
have that you will be snipping near the fuse box and replacing with a
regular copper wire.
- There is a wire loom that plugs from the Hall Sensor to the rain tray
were there is an electrical controller.
- California cars also get Idle Stabilizers that go inline with the wire
loom mentioned above, it gets jumped out of the circuit when setting
idle levels.
- Ran out of good remembrances, contact me next week after the ND show,
(or during if you're coming) and I can be more , uh, legible.

TBerk