home made ram air

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a homemade ram air set up.  The
factory hose that goes to the front of the car along
with the heat stove was long gone by the time I bought
the car.  I bought some 3" aluminum ducting from the
hardware store and it bends and fits nicely.  There is
a problem with it though.  I am afraid of the battery
wires which are less than an inch away.  I put
electrical tape there and still didn't feel
comfortable.  I went back to the hardware store and
all I can find that isn't that aluminum is dryier
hose.  What are some you running?  Let me know.

thanks,
Tony