Car Toys fucking sucks (long)

Here is HALF of a letter I am drafting to them regarding my 600 dollar POS Alpine alarm which has never worked.

1.Install

            Reassembled steering column halves with self-tapping wood screws. Consequently haves made noise and were improperly aligned.

            Under dash cover removed and fasteners broken. Reattached with self-tapping wood screws, which were screwed into the lower dash itself.

            Ground wire for gauge panel cut, fixed by tech in parking lot. Climate control fan also not functional after install. Was told by tech to bring it to an electrician to fix and if it could be proven in writing that Car Toys caused the malfunction they (Car Toys) would consider reimbursement. Ground wire had been disconnected and zip tied in a manner that made it necessary to remove the entire center console to reattach ground.

            Multiple wires non-alarm related, car stereo related, and others zip tied together in such a manner that one cannot tell just what is tied into the alarm and what is not.

            Brain for alarm (w/internal shock sensor) left unsecured to rattle and move anywhere above the under dash tray and above fuse box.

            LED indicator plate not secured to dash.

2.Operation

            First night alarm was brought home it falsed all night. All falsings were indicated as three chirps upon disarm, I was to find out from a Car Toys tech (Jason K?) this meant an interior intrusion.

Brought the car in the next weekend from 9am to 4pm and was told the falsing was due to a faulty door pin switch. Then was told they could not duplicate the malfunction. I restated that the alarm was indicating an interior violation and was told it was due to change in my center console tray. Removed change from tray, alarm sensitivity was lowered, was advised to replace drivers side door pin switch. Confirmed with tech there were no outside sources (bodies of water, moving trees, lighting) that could be causing a false radar indication. Restated it was the change in the center console.

Armed the alarm in parking lot of Car Toys and no falsing for the 10 minutes it was watched.

Car was brought to my residence and falsed within 3 minutes of arming, precluded by 4 short chirps 1 minute or so after arming. Called tech and was asked to bring the car back in next weekend to have the sensitivity lowered.

Car brought back and as soon as it was parked and armed in Car Toys parking lot alarm falsed, I brought a counter person out to car and demonstrated the falsing problem. Car remained being serviced from 11am to 7pm. Sensitivity was lowered. Tech stated no problems found and they were unable to duplicate the problem. I relayed to him I had put a refurbished set of door pin switches in and the dome light now worked consistently with the door being opened. I was advised they were still the most probable cause of the falsing even though to this day it has never indicated a door zone violation. I mentioned the wood screws holding the lower dash cover were falling out and steering column covers not fitting properly, the halves were then DREMELED and GLUED together where they could not fit them properly. Washers were added to the wood screws holding the under dash on. Obtained copies of the trouble shooting guide and wiring diagram.

Car falsed as soon as armed at my residence. I reparked the car in a more secluded area of the parking lot away from any structures or trees, falsing continued. Interior intrusion. Called Car Toys was advised to bring the car back in for a full day to have sensitivity adjusted.

Brought car back some weeks later. Very displeased at leaving the car all day at Car Toys to return to hear no problems found, alarm works fine. Was told read instruction booklet to find out what the chirps meant. However alarm sensitivity was reduced again. I could now reach through an open window and remove items from the vehicle, select gears and move steering wheel without a warning or alarm.

Car stayed stable for almost three days then began falsing again, same interior violation. At this point I noticed that the car would hold a good arm all night only if car was armed after it had been sitting for more than three hours. The alarm would work fine then. Disconnected the after run circuit on my cooling fan to see if that was causing the falses...no change. Weeks went by. Car was broken into and nearly $3000.00 worth of stereo equipment was stolen. Car was armed while thieves opened both doors, destroyed dash above the radar sensor and removed amps and subs from the hatch area. When walking out to the car my mother disarmed the alarm and swears to have heard two chirps only. I was not present however. I was unable to open a door without tripping the alarm, although it sometimes would be delayed up to a minute. A sticking door pin switch, I cleaned and sanded contacts and problem was resolved.

Car is still flasing after three more visits. Car Toys Fucking SUCKS!

Thank you for your time.
Shannon Fenton
Telecom Resource Management
Amazon.com