Re: instrument cluster wiring harness

Yeah, there are little tabs on them. They'll be facing you if you're
looking at the cluster straight on. Try using a small flat head
screwdriver and push the tab in as you pull the thing out. That worked
for the white one but I did the black one a little different. Try
sliding the screwdriver in between the plug and its casing to create a
gap so that the tab can slide through. Let me know if you have any more
questions. I had to take my cluster out about 10 times and I know it can
be a bitch.

Scott Richardson
'86 8V Scirocco