Re: 16v downpipe on a Rabbit GTI?

On Sun, 14 May 2000 22:33:05 -0400 (EDT) "Wm. Josiah Erikson"
<scirocco@bork.hampshire.edu> writes:
> Hello all,
> 	I have what I think is a stock 16v Scirocco downpipe, and
> it's a nice-looking piece. It actually looks like a better piece of
> equipment to me than the AutoTech Tri-Y header that I have. At least
less likely  to break. Can I use it on an 8v Rabbit, or is the offset to
the side
> different or something? If I can use it, am I right that I'll only
> be sacrificing like 1bhp? (And yes, I'm aware that I'll have to get
> myself a dual outlet manifold - standard diesel rabbit fare, or 16v
Scirocco
> manifold?
I'm not sure, but there is a Scirocco lister that wanted to install the
16V TT race dual 2" downpipe on an A1 dual outlet exhaust manifold. I
don't know how it went, but he had to do some customizing on the down
pipe flange.
Just get a long TT 8V downpipe if you can get 'way with it...
Or the street legal one, if you have to, but the long TT is the way to
go.

I don't even know if a 16v manifold will hold onto an 8v
> head... will it?)
Nope...

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car, TT race