16v downpipe on a Rabbit GTI?

Hello all,
	I have what I think is a stock 16v Scirocco downpipe, and it's a
nice-looking piece. It actually looks like a better piece of equipment to
me than the AutoTech Tri-Y header that I have. At least less likely to
break. Can I use it on an 8v Rabbit, or is the offset to the side
different or something? If I can use it, am I right that I'll only be
sacrificing like 1bhp? (And yes, I'm aware that I'll have to get myself a
dual outlet manifold - standard diesel rabbit fare, or 16v Scirocco
manifold? I don't even know if a 16v manifold will hold onto an 8v head...
will it?)
	Thanks!
	-Josiah

'87 GLi