Engine Problems...

Hey there all -

	Well, the saga continues. I'll recap the symptoms and
attempted cures here... The engine will start funky about 5 out of 10
times, usually with the tach jumping to nutty numbers, and it will be
running like crap (a drop in power all the way to feeling like the
car is running on 3 cylinders). Doesn't seem to get better if I leave
it on either. If I restart the car, it will usually run fine, the
tach will be normal, etc. I've given it a new knock sensor, a new
coil, a new distributor/hall sender, and a new idle stabilizer per
recommendations of everyone here on the list. (The distributor was
leaking, the idle stabilizer was bad and the knock sensor had a place
where the insulation had worn through, but the coil tested out ok).
Any ideas on what to try next? I spent 2 hours yesterday cleaning and
lubing connections and wiring all over the car...  It's just getting
frustrating because I don't have that much free time to put towards
the ride at the moment.

			Sigh.... time for lunch.

						Ben Patterson, '86 16v
Ben Patterson 			Cell  - 650.274.7525
Networking/Macintosh		LiNCS - 650.725.4630
Systems Engineer			Email: bpatterson@stanford.edu
CRC-LiNCS/ITSS			Stanford University

"Try to remember there is no spoon..."           - The Matrix