re: washington tire - bad business

Over here (In the UK) we have the "Trade descriptions act", Is there any
sort of law over there that is the equivalent?
I think we need a Lawyer on the list to answer all the legal questions
(police, insurance, ETC).
I'd talk to the manager and kick up a fuss. if they still dis-agree, take
it to the Head Office. My friend did that with a company over here called
Kwik-Fit they F**ked his exhaust up, he got the exhaust fixed, his money
back, and £40 of vouchers.
Remember "The customer is always right" and shops like that should realise
that they need repeat customers.
Just my £0.0132425 ($0.02)

Adam,
'86 1600GT