From: Phil Miron
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 3:16 PM
Subject: Overtemp!

Help!

    So I am driving home form work and my oil light starts flashing, I keep driving hoping I didn't blow a rad hose (just added stop leak yesterday), so then I turn the fan on full blast do try to disperse some of the heat, but my temp reads out at 102. Then the light goes solid, but fairly dim - by the time I get to my brothers house it is intermitent dim-solid and off...  I open the hood and the main rad hose is VERY hot... I let it sit for 25 mins then I open the reservior cap and I am not empty but really low.. before I stopped the engine I noticed the fan wasn't on, I checked the connections and all was fine. I must have sprayed out of a small leak I had in the reservior container when the engine was hot cause there was fluid all over...

    I don't have my bently yet and I don't know alot about vw's but could my fan switch or thermostat switch have malfunctioned?  I don't even know where it is..

Please help!!!

Phil Miron
Winnipeg, Canada
1984 1.8L 8V Scirocco