Re: Now a friend with BIG 16V problems

When he replaced the distributor rotor, did he use locktite?  If you don't
secure the rotor to the shaft, it will fly off.  I would guess that the cap
is now too torn up to work right.  Try changing cap and rotor again.  The
Bosch parts are way better than the Borg-Warner stuff you get at the local
autoparts store.

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Champagne Edition