Re: Summer is here, time for a new ride

Yah - those are sweet, but they are $$$$$$$ expensive.
 I am on a Vanagon mailing list too, and occasionally
someone attempts to get one of the Euro models
imported here.  Essentially what they need to do is
purchase one to let the gov't crash test, then
purchase another one and IF it will pass all the smog
and other tests with alteration (more $$$) then they
can have it here. Then there is shipping, import
duties, etc..

Those EuroVan campers that they sell in the US start
at around $45K new.

But lemme tell you - even though it is grossly
underpowered (2.1l 4cyl) my Westy rocks in the
summertime.  Carries 4 people, the dog, 3 bikes and
enough propane, water and food for 2 weeks in the
boonies.  All I need is some time off to use it!

--- T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Thought, with the Summer upon us here in the
> Northern Hemisphere and
> all, this might be an off topic touch of something-
>
> Why stop with a Westy?
>
> <http://www.vwn.de/uk/leisure/index.html>
>

> TBerk
>
> --