Re: no brakes....

WaspHwy@aol.com wrote:

> I got everything back together on my car, new rebuilt axle, feels good,
> caliper went back on smoothly... but now I have no brakes... at all. pedal
> went straight to the floor and I got MINIMAL braking. and the brake light
> came on. what gives?
>
> --

Unfortunately you may have toasted the MC.

In my recent two brake rebuilds (one A2 and another A2) I did a fluid
purge. Buuuunnch of nasty mud came out. 'Good!' I thought. But, i have
since learned that pushing the pedal too far during the brake fluid
purge has bad effects. It seems that the pedal travels much farther
during this 'bleeding the brakes' period than normal opperation and this
can;

1. tear up the seals on the MC piston &/or
2. scrape accumulations from the side of the bore that clogs the MC

And there you are, in need of a new MC. I hope not though,
TBerk