Re: Fwd: a friend with 16V problems

Since I had the parts, we replaced the transfer pump, fuel distributor and
injectors.  The main pump comes on and runs with the key.  Fuel is no longer
the problem.  A few minutes after it stalled, we checked for spark, and it
was there.  Now it's not getting spark.  We ran through the complement of
tests in the Bentley to check various ignition components, including the
hall sender.  We've drawn a blank, everything seems to check out.  The car
has a full tank of gas and we even cleaned up a bunch of grounds. Nothing
helps.  This car was not originally a 16V, and I have a feeling that the
problem lurks deep within the wiring.

Ben R
Membership Coordinator
<http://www.volksport.com>
Volksport GTI and Watercool Volkswagen Club
"We support your VW Performance Addiction."