Re: exhaust installed

> i finished installing my TT 2" resonated aluminized
> system w/ a dynomax,
> US 8v dual manifold and euro(non-cat) downpipe...
> what a job!!

When ya don't have a lift and yer doing it in your
driveway, for sure it'll be a biatch!

> The Techtonics exhaust tubing's quality and fit are
> truly amazing, way
> better than the eurosport stuff i had on before.

Oh yeah. TT stuff is tha shit!!

> the first thing that came to mind when i fired it up
> is "Oh my God this
> muffler sounds like a piece of s%^t!". It's very
> raspy, no bass at all,
> i'm starting to get used to it but it's not ideal...
> sounds like a
> friggin' honda, i think it'll get better once the
> system has settled in
> though. Paully (the burnt kid) has the same system
> but his sounds
> better, i guess it's 'cause he has a cat and a
> single outlet manifold.

Nah, mine sounds like balls. I think the Dynomax
muffler is already blown (after not even a year) so
I'll swap that out for a SS Borla. Does anyone know
what size muffler I have to get. I was going through
the book at work, but I have no idea what to get. It's
a 2" system. I was thinking something with a large
inlet than 2" because my midpipe and tailpipe go
INSIDE the inlet and outlet of the dynomax. Also
length would help too.

> the car is MUCH faster but i still can't keep up w/
> my friend's digifant
> golf! WTF! i'll swap my 17"s for 13"s and see if i
> can take him.

Me neither I can't take my buddy in a digifant Golf.
It's bad news. Mind you the only mod that I've done to
the engine is a K&N and TT system.

> all in all, it took 2 days, a day's worth of pay and
> a sore back all
> because of some botch head mechanic that didn't do
> his job right the
> first time, for the horsepower gained i guess it was
> all worth it...

Nigel, how come you don't do jobs like this on my
car?!!?!? Sure, you'll fix your car all day and as
soon as it's time for us to do something on my car
"Oh, it's fucked. Screw it, it'll be fine. Just leave
it"

You better get your priorities straight buddy.

=====
Paul Maione (The Burnt Kid)
Scirocco 86' 8v Flash Silver
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9149/