Re: exhaust installed

Victor Farren wrote:

> Your a beast!  I replaced my stock manifold and downpipe w/ a 4-2 manifold and the TT dual downpipe and I remember that working behind te engine on the 8vs was a PITA!  I can't imagine what it would have been like to have to drill holes in the studs.  Sheesh.

once the drill is up there, it's not so bad, i didn't have to remove the cv, the lower stress bar, the intake or anything else... i NEVER want to do it again though.

> If you haven't done this already, its time for an Audi 5k throttle body, and port match the intake where the T-body bolts on.  Real easy, and improves flow.  I don't know how many horses you might gain (very few probably) but its a fun (and cheap) project compared to what you just went through!

ya, i did that already, my friend gave me a neuspeed throttle body w/ new linkage for free! it pays to be nice to people some times :-)

> I had all the above w/ the Euro grind cam and the car was a blast to drive...funner than my 16v b/c of all the low end torque....oh yeah, I forgot, I had the Euro distributor as well (advanced something like 10 degrees).

now that you mention it, does anyone have a used solid lifter cam lying around for cheap? I can't have a digifant golf beat me! Do you still have that distributor lying around?

i didn't check the mixture last night after the new O2 sensor, so it's probably off a bit. I'll also bump the timing to 12 and see what happens, i think it's at 8 now.

> Alas, that car is RIP due to a taxi smashing it in the rear at a stop light.

that really sucks, the world is full of idiots and botch heads! .. and of course one burnt kid named Paully.

> Victor

-nigel.