My '81 16v project... for sale. =(

I've been racking my brain for the last few weeks on what to do with this
car. The only logical solution to my dilemma is to sell the beast. I just
posted it on scirocco.org, and now I post it here.

I'll make a special deal for you listers, too.. same price, but if you're a
lister, you get a A COMPLETE big disc brake upgrade.. basically includes
front (10.1") and rear calipers and rotors off an '89 GLI 16v.. you'll need
several other parts, but hey.. free? sure..

Here's the info on the car:

1981 (built in 8/80) Metallic Silver-Blue 16v 1.8l conversion - Car has 87k,
Engine has 145k on it, and many seals have been replaced (orig. head gasket
with good compression on all cyl) taken from '89 GLI 16v along with matching
tranny.

Engine electronics are complete and wired to car... just need to find out
why she won't spark. Newish looking? alternator, larger GLI radiator also
swapped, all CIS-E fuel inj related components swapped, brand new clutch,
stock brakes, new gas tank, 100mph speedo, black vinyl seats & interior

Front susp: KYB w/16v stock springs, rear susp: stock, Fuba roof mount
antenna, GLI front chin spoiler, red "s" pinstriping and trunk carpeting,
under-dash shelf. A/C removed, brand new OEM fuse box

no rust on car, but some bitch cut me off right before it stopped working
and left a smal dent in the left fender and on the rear left wheel arch....
nothing serious. this car passed inspection without
blinking when I got it. It drove like a little go-cart when it ran. I'm
going to regret selling it, but I have to, cause I'm moving into an
apartment.

I've invested over $3500 into the purchase of the car, the donor car, and
the seemingly endless purchasing of parts, so asking a firm $2000 is a good
way to get rid of the car quick, and give someone a good deal. I will also
condsider the trade of a nice clean Mk2 8v wolfie, or 16v Mk2... Good
luck...

I hope some people out there love Mk1's as much as I do. It pains me to sell
this.

The car is located in Ansonia, CT... about half an hour northwest of New
Haven.

please reply to toastworks@usa.net.. cause my hotmail account gets cluttered
and I don't wanna lose your mail.

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v (as you can tell.. selling)
'87 Subaru GL 4WD Wagon (gas hog!)