suspension nirvana

Just got my scirocco back on the road after sitting for a week putting suspension and electrical parts on.  Drove over to the stealership (long story, we're poor on dub expertise 'round here) and had the alignment done.  Oh yeah.....sweet.  Hopped on the expressway and opened 'er up.  Yummy!  The car doesn't pull or bounce anymore!  I was cruisin' along doin' 90 (traffic was fast today) and I didn't even notice I was going that fast.  Is there a downside to all this?  Yup!  When I let off the gas at high speeds (80-90mph) I get a steering wheel vibration, just not as bad as it was before.  Any opinions?  I'm thinking either cv joints or a bent drive shaft or both.  I used to have this happen in my old Malibu (I know, its rear wheel drive) and it turned out to be a bent drive shaft and messed up pinion bearing.  That's what makes me think cv/driveshaft. It's fine when I'm accelerating, it just shakes when I let off.
  Well, thanks all for the help, especially Peter who got me a new instrument cluster really quick.

p.s.  When a mechanic looks out the window and asks, "What the hell is that thing?", go somewhere else for an alignment...This happened to me at Midas yesterday...

oh yeah, what a vw day!  Saw a corrado at the dealership and another on the road home.  Wow!  Haven't ever seen one in person before today, then I saw two!

Chris M.
'82 Scirocco
http://members.xoom.com/mp3vw
See you at GMPT BayCity SCCA event! (May 7th)!!!