Re: Fw: [vorsicht] VW show->> The real story on So Cal.

The real story on Vorsicht So Cal.

Vorsicht in Southern California is gone. The reason they split up
is not 100% clear to me but I have been told that it was not a club for
people with families. Many members have joined Europaisch.
Europaisch is much better club for folks with families.

No members of Vorsicht S.C. have ever driven on chrome wheels
for more than a day or two. NO CHROME at all was a rule!
It was an enforced rule and they made you change your wheels
or any chrome parts if you had them.
Most of the cars had sound systems but I would say that
for the most part the cars were built for speed. Some cars
had too much power under the hood. The cars
all had a Euro look to them and some were beautiful.

They were very insistent that the club sticker be displayed
in the designated location and all members had to attend all the meetings.
Members had to pay a fee if they did not attend meetings.
The club was strict about its image and "no street racing" was a rule.
All members had to have a car that ran. No junkers were tolerated.
The cars had to look good and bent fenders or bad paint was not tolerated.
Most of the members were young and did not have families at first.
As the members got older and had families and more responsibility
it became too difficult to spend the money on the cars and spend the time
attending the events. Some great members had to leave the club.

I did see several members drive aggressive at times.
Every club has an idiot or two that makes a bad impression that is hard
for some people that are not in the club to forget.
the Scirocco list is no exception. The folks in Vorsicht built fast cars.
Some of the motors were pushed to the point of damage.
Many people viewed Vorsicht as a "members only club"
and it was to a point. They were competitive at shows
and well organized. This made some people nerves and skeptical.
Some of the VSC members were very cool. I personally
would not join the club because the rules were too strict for me
and too many of the cars were A3s. The club was a great
place for its members to share a common love for German cars.
I think the former members learned more about life and made
some lifetime friends and now they will be happy they joined Europaisch.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 8v red Scirocco "S"
90 16v 2.0 wht Passat wgn 5 speed