Re: Carfax access..OUCH!!!

--- 16v Jason <jason@scirocco.org> wrote:
> At 08:28 PM 4/28/2000 , Marie Laugesen wrote:
> >  It seems CarFax has expanded their database-- because
> 2 "accidents" showed
> > >up on my old Corolla's record from Florida-- the 1st
> was a curb that I
> > >munched and had to get towed.  The second was a
> fraudulent "hit-and-run"
> > >claim that someone made against me.  (The guy is in
> Jail now, I pressed
> > >charges).
> > >
> > >The Scirocco came back squeaky clean. :)
> >
> >As did my Scirocco.... even ran a check on my '61
> Beetle. It came back
> >squeeky clean too!  Maybe because I'm in Canada I don't
> get as extensive a
> >report.....
>

> How'd you run a report on your '61 Beetle?  US cars did
> not have the
> 17-Digit VIN number until much later-- and I thought you
> had to use that
> type to get a CarFax report?  I tried my 72 Super Beetle
> and it came back
> invalid...
>
> Did you guys have different VINs up there?  Mine on my 72
> was 1122500725.
>
> Jason

I'm curious about this as well - I'd like to run my '80 but
no dice.

FWIW - my '85 doesn't show up in their system at all...
wonder why?

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Pickup
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v (2)
'88 Scirocco 16v
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening."  -Lane Wallace.