Transmission/Gear oil question! (discoloration)

List,
	When installing a working speedo cable the other day I noticed the gear
lube in my transmission was a milky brown color instead of it's normal
syntheticy light opaque brown. The transmission has about 5000 -10000
mileson it, and after 1200 miles when it was broken in I switched to
mobil synthetic. Is the gear oil contaminated or something? Could this
just be assembly lube left over from when it was rebuilt causing this?
Do they even use assembly lube when rebuilding a tranny? Am I crazy for
worrying? I just don't want to have the new AGB with bolt kit lock up
one day at 60mph on the freeway from crappy contaminated gear oil.......
Thanks,

--
Gary A. Huff scirocco86@home.com