Re: [mk1] Removing Glass

> Sal Guzzo wrote:
>
> I plan on having my 81 Scirocco painted ASAP. I need to get all
> the glass out. Last summer, I managed to get the glass out of
> my Rabbit but the window seals appear to be different in this
> car. Or are they? The windows have the blackened out trim and
> the rear windows have a metal piece that I believe merely pops
> out. Is this the case?

Remove the clip and  the the silver strip 1st. Then the rubber
will come out easier.

> The windshield is cracked; hence, a new one is needed. Need I
> also replace all the windows seals or will the old ones be
> fine? TIA
>
> Sal Guzzo

Lay a bed sheet across the dash prior to removing the windshield.
It will most likely shatter a bit upon removal, as it is already
cracked.

Reuse of the seals is possible and prob necessary as replacements
are HARD (did you hear me say HARD?) to find. Dunk them in
something NON-SILICON based to renew the volatile (KLASSE comes
to mind) prior to reinstalling.

hth,
TBerk