Re: 205/50/15's ???? Spacers and lug bolts

If you need spacers you can get them from Virtual World Parts.
www.parts4vws.com
Mike has H&Rs on hand and he can mail them to you. I use H&R spacers on my
MK1's 13 inch
BBS Auto-x wheels with 225 50 13 BFG R1s. The chamfered side faces the hub
and keeps it from
locking to the hub. The H&R spacers are hub-centric but mine are not thick
enough to have the hub ring
that makes the wheel hub-centric to the spacer. I like the H&Rs and don't
like the junk you find at
the old chain parts stores.

BTW I know that you all know to check the length of your lug bolts when
adding spacers.
You need to make sure that you have the extra amount thread for the spacer.
You may want
to go to studs like I did on my MK2 16v with the 15 x 6.5 rims. It can be
difficult to find lug
bolts that fit. If you have drum breaks on the rear make sure that the lug
bolts are not too long.
You may need to measure before you install your rims. One more thing to
consider is to
get extra bolts so if you strip one, or give one to a friend at an Auto-x
and he hammers it in to
a stripped hub, you are not hosed. And my last tip is make sure that you can
still mount
the spar. If you have extra long bolts you may need to keep the short ones
in the old
emergency kit.

Good Luck and make sure that you tighten the lug bolts so they don't fly
off when you drive to lunch with your girl friend and two other passengers
in the MK2 Jetta
like a friend of mine did. Did I mention that you should have extra bolts on
hand for your
friends?

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"