Re: FW: Radiator Fan replacement?

Maurice De Vidts wrote:

> Hi, Is there an oem replacement for the rad fan on '81 Scirocco's
> or do I need to replace the rad+rad fan with somehting of a later vintage
> like an 87 gti ?
>
> --

Well Yes, and No.

Yes there is an OEM replacement for the Fan, (the fan, fan
shroud, and Rad are all three different parts btw)

No you don't _have_ to use a later fan, although you could if you
wanted to use the ones with two speeds.  It'll take a little
creative wiring but not too bad to tackle.

Traditionally what I've done is get a used one from the yard,
paying supreme attention to the plug/socket of the electricals to
get a proper match.

hth,
TBerk