Re: Oxs Light

At 11:50 AM 03/28/2000 -0500, Brent Cole wrote:
> [Brent Cole]  Speaking of OXS light. What is the point of those things?
And how do you reset it so the light goes out?

The point of it is to remind you to replace it to keeps things running
their best.  I personally have run my O2 sensors longer as the light is
more of an advisement.  To reset it use a pen or small screwdriver to push
in the white button on the little black box inline with the speedo cable,
until it clicks.  This gets you another 30K on 8Vs and 60K on 16Vs.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
Later this year:
'75 wife and her
'98 Neon R/T