16V Spedo

I have one. It supposedly works too. Back when I was a compulsive eBay buyer I
bought it for no apparent reason. It's in my closet at home, I'll pull it out an
let you know the details when I get home. Just off the top of my head I think it
has:

30K Miles
140 MPH Spedo
Looks Great

Interested?

-Marc

> Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 18:47:24 -0500
> From: Scott Williams <sfwilliams@home.com>
> Subject: WTB: 16v speedometer
>
> Bruthas n' sistahs, I'm in need of a Scirocco 16v speedometer for my Mk1
> project. It drops right into the early Jetta's dash which I've already
> installed in the car. (Btw, that part was sourced from Chris Chemidlin's
> famous UGLi. The thing lives! -sort of...)
>
> Anyway, I'd prefer a 140mph guage; that was the usual range, right? The
> 160mph units look cool but then... they're just goofy when you think
> about it. Whatever. Also, do they have MFA built in? And what data does
> that MFA thing actually give you?
>
> Muchas gracias.
> - --
> Scott F. Williams
> NJ Scirocco nut
> SCCA ProRally driver
> Hotrod Rabbit GTi

'74 VW Thing in near daily driver condition at http://getty.net/thing/
'81 VW Jetta Diesel gone to the scrap heap after 179,786 miles service
'84 VW Jetta GLi was SOLD in Oct 1999 with only 164,275 miles to NJ
'87 VW Scirocco Tornado Red 16V 176,700 miles in Philly PA since 7/2/99