Re: new rim follow up question.. tires?

> You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and if you don't like
> Dunlops,
> fine.  Have you ever owned a set of SP8000's or 9000's?

I don't think those were the specific tires in question; BUT, yes I have
had the unfortunate opportunity to be ripped off on a set of SP8000's.
(195/50-15)

  I've had 3 of the former and also have a set of the latter on my GTI.
They are KICK
> ASS TIRES.

Alas, you too are entitled to your opinion.

A lot more people will tell you that about them than anything
> remotely resembling your rant.

I only rant when it comes to hondas.

  Also tons of list members have SP8000's and
> I can't recall EVER seeing anyone say anything but very positive
> things about them.

I can see where answering to this would NOT make me the most popular
person on this list.

> Scorchers "very good"??  I guess that makes them a LOT better than any
> Dunlops then, right?  Somehow I find this very difficult to believe.

Compared to the option...HELL YES! But lets compare apples to apples eh?
BF Goodrich is owned by Michelin. Michelin enforces their STRICT testing,
research and development, and quality control on ALL of the tire
manufactures under them (including Uniroyal) Michelin CREATED THE FIRST
RADIAL TIRE! (note: Michelin designed what would later be sold under the
name 'Aquatread' but found it to be unsafe after more than 50% of the
tread was gone)

Dunlop can credit its success to...?

I could see if we were having this discussion with Yokohama or even
Pirelli in the place of Dunlop why this would have happened. But I don't
think Dunlop is worth anymore screen time.

Not to mention, I still want those amber euro turn signals so I will bow
out of this one with this final word. (from me)

My previous post was MY OPINION and MY OPINION only. My opinion was an
educated one. I feel very strongly in my disgust with Dunlop tires. I
apologize if my words hurt, offended, or maimed anyone or any small
animals. Thank you if you read this damn far.

Eric Ellis
Good, bad....I'm the guy with the gun!