Re: Steering Rack Boot replacement

You MUST remove the outer tie rod! Back the nut off and start twisting
while holding the tie rod shaft and keeping it from rotating. Once off, I
find that putting the retaining nut in its original position and marking
the INSIDE with some paint or whiter grease pencil and then spinning it
the rest of the way off will give you the position for its re assembly.
The boot slides over pretty easy now!

-Eric
Good, bad....I'm the guy with the gun!