88 16v UPDATE..No start!

Well today I ohmed out every thing.  I mean everything!  I have a brand new
distrib. and plugs and what not.  Two problems found.  The ground strap from
coil to back of upper intake.  Not touching metal!  I had all that stuff
painted,....duh!  Also the timing belt was totally one correct before I put
this new motor back in the car,....obviously the tensioner was not tight
enough.  Cause the damn crank alignment and the camshaft alignment marks
were off by two teeth.  I realigned them, put the tensioner on tight this
time and turned the key......to the sweet smell of burning redline assembly
paste.  Yes sir,....I haven't worked all the bugs out, and she sounded like
the neighbors lawn mower for the first 15minutes,....but all is smooth now.
I need to set the timing yet and tidy up the wiring,....thanks a million you
guys.  You guys kept throwing ideas at me and that kept the Bentley open and
me reading/thinking.  Ahhhhhh,.....now I can start saving for the rest of
the car.(it is still completely stripped and sitting on jacks!)But damn that
thing sounds good!
Good night.
chris