Re: Thiefs strike in London....

While on the topics of annoying break-in stories (as if any break-ins
aren't annoying!)...

Last May, I brought my beloved Fritz into the shop to get the rear end
fixed from my hit by an uninsured motorist (who, by the way, was the
third uninsured motorist to hit me.  The second one got me the previous
December!  So much for Virginia's "strict" uninsured motorist laws...).
When I went to pick up the car, I noticed that something was wrong,
namely the fact that my interior was trashed, and the 7 year old am/fm
cassette radio and thumpin' 5.5 inch speakers were gone!  Even more
shocking, the body shop guy handed me the keys like nothing was wrong!!
I know he *had* to notice, since you actually had to push the dangling
center console out of the way to get to the ignition.

Long story short:  $660 in damage.  I did the work myself, upgraded to a
CD player and thumpin' 6.5 inch speakers and made $300 off the deal.  It
was my 3rd claim in less than 6 months, but since nothing was my fault,
my rates still haven't gone up!  (I am scared every time I get a letter
from my insurance co., though!)

And I really want to find the guy who stole the stuff and pummel him.
Not for the break-in, but for general stupidity!  I doubt he made more
than $20 on the deal!!

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. Fritz)
'85 Jetta (soon for sale)