Re: Ronal Turbo Wheel Group Purchase

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 13:47:34 -0500 (EST) Kareem <6keb1@qlink.queensu.ca>
writes:

> What about the good old R-8? Anyone have a good source
> for these in 4x100mm ? Looking for new ones, not
> 15 year old ones. Some nice ones come up on Ebay,
> but they're all for audi 4 bolt patterns. Thanks,
>
> Kareem

I agree, that would be nice, I always liked that wheel, I'll ask about
the R 8 in my next communique with Ronal.
I found out about the R10 by chance... I was asking where I could find 2
replacement old R10 turbo's and I was told that they just released a new
R10.

I like the old Ronal basket wheels too, especially on a Scirocco I.

Peter

> On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 thescirocco@juno.com wrote:
>
> > Ronal just introduced a new Turbo, R10, VW hubcentric 15x7, 4-100
> mm,
> > ET28.
> > I'm getting a great price, $450 a set delivered, the only thing is
> that I
> > have to buy 2 sets or more to qualify for this pricing. The thing
> is that
> > once I do this, I'll be able to get additional wheels at that
> price. It's
> > nice knowing that if you hit a really bad pot hole, it will only
> cost
> > $125 to replace the wheel.
> > Btw, they normally sell for $149.95 plus shipping.
> >
> > If there is a different Ronal wheel that you want, let me know and
> I'll
> > see what I can do.
> >
> > I'm also selling my stock '92 GTI BBS wheels that are straight and
> in
> > good condition for $500, or $600 with almost new P-7000's plus
> shipping
> > from the Philadelphia-Baltimore area.
> > One has a screw in it that the previous owner forgot to tell me
> about,
> > thanks Aaron.
> >
> > If anybody is looking for any old R-10's, I have couple of them.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'84 Scirocco 2.0L
'83 GTI
'80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V, roller for sale, '87 GTI 16V for parts