Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1353

I totally know what you mean - I had the same thing happen to me with
my 86' 16v when I first got it. Wasn't expecting it at all after
driving a Honda Accord for 6 years (understeering little beasts they
are.) Almost spun the car on wet pavement a week later. I have a 28mm
rear sway bar, and a 24 mm front with Bogue Turbogas shocks, 15" rims
with Michelin Pilots, but I also have 1 degree negative camber and
that seems to make it even a little more aggressive. (when this all
happened I was running with some nasty Euro Comp T/A's. Never buy em
- they suck). With the Michelins, at least I can feel the rear start
to slide before it breaks loose....

Ben Patterson, 86' 16v
(in the garage waiting for a tranny, a downpipe, a clutch, and a
distributor/hall sender/wiring harness for it's electrical ailments.
Sigh...)