Re: Mileage

Yes, I forgot to put that IMP after the 45mpg - got called away in the
middle of proffing the message.  I normall quote L/100km, but apparently
Americans don't know what those are either... :) :)

There are about 3.8 L/US gallon, and 4.5 L/Imperial gallon.

I generally get in the 6.6 to 6.3 L/100km range as a tank average on my
daily 190km commute (highway + small town.) - or at least this is what I
have been getting on winter tires in winter weather.  That translates to
about 35 to 37 mpg US.  This is with a mildly modified JH and a 4+e
transmission, cruising speed around 60mph and 1 to 2 sprints to 4K for
passing.  You do have to stay out of it a bit if you want to get that kind
of mileage.

It's still a far cry from my smokey old NA diesel, which gives in the 5.3
to 4.7 range on the same commute, or 44 to 50 miles per US gallon, or my
wife's TDI which hits close to 55 miles per US gallon on a good day.

Drew

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Keith Fullerton wrote:

> 45mpg!?! I don't even get 30. Its been awhile since I've been in
> Canada, but aren't your gallons larger than the U.S Gallon?
>
> -Keith
> 84 8v (apparently in desperate need of a tune up)

> http://im.yahoo.com

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca