Westmoreland VWs

You already have the answer, Westmoreland built Golfs through the 1989
model year.  BUT, I was at autox at plant in summer of '88 and they had
huge parking lots full of Golfs.  So.....they may have built out the 89s
in 88.-

Bro's 89 16V Gti has some UAW sticker on left rear window, not that it'll
stop locals from disparaging it 'cause its not 'merican.

My $0.02 on exhaust gasket manifold gaskets:  Sure you can use high-temp
orange silicon, but the good OEM gaskets with metal embossed "O" rings
are not much money.

 - Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre