Re: stalling

>my 82 roc finally left me stranded yesterday... it started stumbling on
>the highway and would eventually cut out and die.  will start up and rev
>up fine every time and run for a minute but will stumble and die.

Assuming there's not an electrical fault, sounds like fuel starvation.
Could be ( amongst others):
- fuel filter clogged
- lifter in tank clogged
- dud fuel pump
- dud accumulator ( tin can next to pump )
- dud regulator in fuel meter

The fuel filter & tank lifter are pretty easy to eliminate so I'd do them
first - a few bucks for a new filter and the lifter assembly is under the
back seat, under a round cover.
Check for signs of leakage at the accumulator.
If you can get the system fuel pressure checked, it should be possible to
determine if the pump is faulty or if the fault is somewhere further down
the line

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0