Audi 5000 throttle bodies

I heard that putting a Audi 5000 throttle body is a good easy mod for scirocco 2's. My local junkyard had 3 of them  and today I stripped out the bolts on 2 of them and put a dent and cracked one of them.
I am just wondering if it is really worth my time to go back and try to get one out.  Does any one have one and can tell me how much of difference in performance it makes.  It's only going to cost me $10 so any noticable difference is worth it.

Thanks,
Bob